Blueberry Peach Crisp by Gabriel Avila-Mooney
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: Makes 6-12 servings
3 ripe peaches, cut into small bite sized chunks
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 Tbsp vanilla
1 Tbsp crystallized ginger (optional)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour (this can easily be made gluten free by using GF flour)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
Dash of cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup cold butter
- Preheat oven to 375?F.
- Mix ingredients for the filling in a medium bowl and let sit while you mix the topping.
- In another bowl mix the flour, sugars, spices and salt until blended.
- Cut the cold butter into the mixture in small chunks using a fork or wooden spoon, continue cutting into the mixture until the butter is in peas-sized pieces.
- Grease a 9×9 baking pan and add the filling.
- Squeeze together chunks of the topping with fingertips and cover filling.
- Place on center rack in oven and bake until fruit is bubbling and topping is brown and crisp, about 45-60 minutes.
- Remove and let cool 10 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream, or just eat it out of the pan.