About Our CSA
What is Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)?
Doe Run Farm’s CSA program is a mutually beneficial relationship between our farm, a dozen small farm partners that contribute to our CSA shares, and the many individuals and families in the Middle Tennessee and North Alabama communities that we serve. In this relationship, we make a commitment to our consumers to grow food for their tables, and the CSA community commits to purchasing a share of our harvest for the growing season. Doe Run Farms partner farms are some of the very best growers in middle Tennessee and northern Alabama. Each of them are experts in growing certain crops exceptionally well, on a consistent basis. Together, our farms grow approximately sixty varieties of vegetables, berries, produce and seasonal fruit for Doe Run Farms CSA program. Our CSA program is in it’s 12th year of operation.
Why purchase a CSA share from Doe Run Farms?
All CSA programs operate differently. Doe Run Farms CSA program is customer centered. This means the CSA is structured to meet the needs of the customers that support our farms through the purchase of a CSA share. Our goal is to provide each customer with a positive CSA experience.
Listed below are options/benefits our CSA offers to you:
- Worry about missing your shares for travel or vacation? We offer you a credit or make up shares delivered at another time during the summer CSA season, if you travel for business or vacation. You can receive credit for up to 2 weeks during our 18 week season. This way your investment is not lost if you are away.
- Customize your share at your pick up location. There are always extra boxes filled with vegetables and produce at the pick up sites, so you can help yourself to more of your favorites! We begin sending these boxes out once the harvest season is in full swing.
- You may change your pick up location during the delivery season if you like. We have many convenient pick up locations. We only ask that you give us 24 hour notice to arrange the change.
- Make use of our Payment plan to pay for your share.
- Home Deliveries are available to most locations. (No Condos or Apartments)
- Master Card, Visa, Amex and Discover cards are accepted for payment. No charge to our customers for using a credit card for payment.
- Workplace delivery – If you’d like us to deliver to your workplace, get a group together, get an ok for us to make the deliveries, and we’ll will bring your share to your workplace! These are easy to set up, and a great convenience/benefit for the employees! Give Judy a call at the farm, (931-659-6204)
- Purchase bulk items for canning, storing, and freezing.
- Order items in the online Country store and have them delivered with your weekly CSA share.
- We realize CSA is not right for everyone. If you’re interested in improving your health and your family’s health by eating wholesome, healthy food – plus you enjoy learning about new ways to cook your favorite foods and are willing to experience some new tastes every now and then, CSA and you would be a good match!
On the other hand, If you eat out most meals, travel for extended periods of time, or if by your own definition you are a “picky” eater that prefers to eat only one or two kinds of vegetables, then CSA is not a good fit for you.
I’m in – now how do I register?
Visit our country store to open an account and then purchase your CSA share. Please, print and retain a copy of your registration form to have on hand for reference. Please read the Terms for Participation on this website. By registering online, you are acknowledging that you have read and accept the terms