What is a community supported agriculture program?
Doe Run Farm’s Community Supported farm box program is a means for families and individuals to contribute to the operation of small local farms in their area, by purchasing a weekly farm box. The end result is a mutually beneficial relationship. The farmer commits to growing a wide assortment of food for their table for the season, and in return the farmer receives operating capital from the purchase of the farm boxes to help in the operation of the farm.
Why purchase a weekly farm box from Doe Run Farms?
Doe Run Farms structured our farm box program to meet the needs of the individuals, families and workplaces that support our farms through the purchase of a weekly farm box delivery. We no longer do farmers markets so our weekly farm boxes are the only way to enjoy our farm products.
Listed below are options/benefits our farm offers you:
- No need to worry about missing your farm box for travel or vacation! We offer you credit, or a make up box to be delivered at another time during the Late season, when you travel for business or vacation. You can receive credit for up to 2 weeks during the Late season. Your investment is protected if you must be away.
- Customize your box from our freebie boxes at your pick up location. There are generally extra boxes with vegetables and produce (sometime fruit) at the pick up sites, so you can help yourself to more of your favorites if you are so inclined! We begin sending these boxes out once the harvest season is in full swing.
- You may change your pick up location during the delivery season if you like. We have many convenient pick up locations. We only ask that you give us 24 hour notice to arrange the change.
- Make use of our Payment plan to pay for your box. There is no charge to our customers for using their credit card for payment. Master Card, Visa, Amex and Discover cards are accepted for payment.
- Attend our Workshops and Classes that are held for Doe Run Farm’s farm box community during the year. Classes on Canning, Culinary Herbs in the Kitchen, Organic Gardening as examples.
- Home Deliveries are available to most locations. (No Condos or Apartments)
- Workplace delivery – If you’d like us to deliver to your workplace, get a group together, get an ok for us to make the deliveries, and we’ll will bring your box to your workplace! A nice perk for employees and our deliveries are of no cost to the company! Give Judy a call at the farm, (931-659-6204)
- Purchase Bulk items for canning, storing, and freezing.
- Order items in the online Country store and have them delivered with your weekly farm box.
We realize that purchasing a weekly farm box from local farmers is not right for everyone. But, if you’re interested in (1) improving your overall health and well being as well as that of your family (2) you enjoy home cooked meals and are open to trying something new now and then, (3) you want to eat “locally grown” food as much as possible because you believe it is not only healthier but tastes better too, chances are good that you would really enjoy our weekly farm boxes.
On the other hand, If you eat out most meals, travel for extended periods of time, or if by your own definition you are a “picky” eater that prefers to eat only one or two kinds of vegetables, then a weekly farm box delivery is not a good fit for you.
I’m in, now how do I register?
Visit our country store to open an account and then purchase your weekly farm box. Please, print and retain a copy of your registration form to have on hand for reference. By registering online, you are acknowledging that you have read and accept the Terms for Participation on the website.
Have friends or family in Western Kentucky, North Florida, Alabama or Tennessee that would like a weekly farm box? Let them know we now ship (overnight) to their door. Call us for more information. (931-659-6204).