Eggplant Cutlets from Geauga Family Farms
1 medium eggplant, sliced lengthwise in ¼-inch thick slices
2 eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
1-1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs or panko
½ tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried oregano
- Pour oil in large, rimmed baking sheet and place in oven. Make sure pan is well coated.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix breadcrumbs and spices in a shallow bowl. Dip eggplant slices in egg and coat with seasoned bread crumbs.
- When eggplant slices are ready, remove baking sheet from oven and place eggplant slices in a single layer. Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes. Flip and bake for 15 minutes more.
– Top slices with warm pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese for eggplant parmesan.
– Make an eggplant cutlet sandwich with roasted red peppers, tomatoes and goat cheese.
– Roll with goat cheese and slice into rounds for a tasty appetizer.