FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- I’m new to the Farm Box program, what do I need to know before registering?
- How do I register?
- Can I pay by check?
- Do you offer a payment plan?
- Can I purchase only a “Food Lovers” box?
- Will I save money?
- When does the next season begin and how long does it last?
- When do I need to register and purchase my Farm Box?
- What if I go on vacation during the delivery season?
- Are the ingredients in the farm box washed?
- Can I share a box with a friend?
- May I change my pick up location occasionally?
- What if I forget to pickup my farm box?
- What are some things I can expect in my farm boxes?
- When you register for CSA, you acknowledge understanding that you are making an agreement with your farmers to grow food for you for the length of the spring/summer season. Once deliveries begin we do not make refunds on CSA shares.
- If you order a CSA share and find that it’s too small to fit your needs, we will be happy to move you up to the next size and adjust the price.
- Once deliveries begin, CSA shares cannot be downsized.
- First, go to the registration page. Pricing for all of our different Farm Boxes can be found there.
- Click “My Account.” If this is your first time visiting the online store, click the “Create an account” button. If you already have an online account, enter your login information and login to your account.
- Return to the store page to view available boxes available for you to purchase. Select the items you wish to purchase and click “Add to Cart.” Be sure click on the link that tells you to print out a copy of the CSA Guidelines! (it is in red text)
- When you are ready to purchase, click the checkout button. Follow the step by step directions provided at checkout.
- If you would like Home Delivery, check with the farm to see if you are within our delivery area. If you are in our delivery area, there is a one time fee of $275 which will be added to your order.
- If you will be picking up your farm box at one of our approved workplace pick up locations, please include the name of your workplace in the “Company Name” field under the billing address. Email us and we will help if you have trouble getting registered . (firstname.lastname@example.org)
How do I pay for my CSA share?
You can pay for your farm box by check, by credit card or by using the convenient Payment Plan. We accept MC/Visa/Discover/Amex. You are not charged a service fee for using your credit card to pay in full for your CSA share.
You are charged a 4% service fee when using the Payment Plan. The Payment splits the total cost of your order into 4 monthly payments. Your purchase through our Country Store is on a secured website.
Using a Credit Card for Payment? If the credit card you use to register should change in any way, (expires, name change, fraudulent use etc) please notify the farm immediately so your credit card payment won’t be affected. If there is trouble in processing your payment, you will receive an email notification containing instructions for how to submit a manual payment. Please be in touch with the farm when you receive a notification that your payment is not processing.
The Food Lover’s Shares are offered only to those that purchase a CSA share.
We comparison shop at both Fresh Market and Publix throughout the CSA season. By comparison, our CSA prices are consistently better, and our food has “home grown, fresh from the farm” flavor that cannot be duplicated. Local food means fresh food. Our saying here on the farm is “if it ain’t local – it ain’t fresh!
The 2022 spring/summer delivery season begins the second or third week in May. This year the season is a 20 week season. The end date depends on whether we can begin the second week in May vs. the third week. We will start as early as we can. Updates on our first delivery day will be on the home page of our website. Your delivery days depend on which location you have chosen as your pick up site. Email or call us if you have a question about where and when to pick up your shares.
The earlier you register the more benefits you receive!
- Reserve your share early in order to choose your favorite pick up location
- Food Lover’s shares are popular and limited. Signing up early assures you of getting one
- If you’d like home delivery, those slots fill quickly. Early last season, we filled up all our slots.
- Our shares have always been limited to what we feel we can manage well. Please sign up as early as you can this season.
You have options for receiving credit for missed shares due to vacation or travel during the summer season. You will find the options listed in your CSA Guidelines which are emailed to you a few days before the first delivery of the season. Please become familiar with your Guidelines. Advise the farm by email prior to your delivery day, if you know you will not be picking up your share.
Do you offer Home Delivery?
Yes! Our Home Delivery Service is ideal if you are a busy Mom that’s always on the “go” with the kids, a professional with a busy lifestyle, or you simply want the convenience of not leaving the house to pick up your farm box! Our delivery charge is reasonable and you do not need to be home when your delivery is made.
Everything in your share has been rinsed and placed in refrigerated walk in coolers to preserve the freshness of your share. We do not deliver soil laden veggies to you. However, the food is NOT table ready, which simply means that you should always wash it before serving. Everything in your share is minimally handled, packed carefully, and delivered in refrigerated vehicles to assure freshness.
Sure, but if you choose to split a box we ask you to bring a tote bag to divide up the share at your car. Dividing up your box at the car, minimizes confusion when other members are picking up their boxes. Some shareholders that are single, or seniors for example, go together to split a Medium farm box and one or both then supplements by adding on a Tomato Share or a Fruit Share. Both of these add on shares are very popular with our Shareholders and because of this, we suggest ordering them when you register for CSA.
Yes, you may pick up your box at another pick up location occasionally. A 48 hour notice by email prior to your scheduled delivery day, is required. We will send you a confirmation by email a couple of days before your change is to take place, to let you know we received your request. A confirmation is necessary. PLEASE, don’t give this request to your coordinator or your driver – we make the changes here at the farm.
No credit is given for a missed pick up share, unless you have notified the farm in advance that you will not be there to get your share.
IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY and you determine that you can’t make your pick up, please do one of the following:
(1) If your driver passes out your shares each week, call your driver at the number we will give you in a Newsletter just prior to the start of the season. He or she will try to arrange for your box to be picked up at one of our other delivery locations later in the day, if it’s workable. If you don’t have the number give us a call at 931-625-0658 and we will give you the number or try to reach them for you.
(2) If one of our Volunteer Coordinators passes out your share, call them at the number that will be listed in the Newsletter just before the season begins..
(3) Ask a friend or co-worker to come pick up your share for you.
Note: We do not bring any unclaimed CSA shares back to the farm with us, they are donated each delivery day, once the last pick up of the day has ended. We do not deliver missed shares on other delivery days.
Please, put the phone number of your Coordinator and your driver in your phone. If you can’t reach them or don’t have their number, call us at 931-625-2651.
There is no set amount of items or contents weight that you might expect each week of the season. Being a farm, we put in what is harvest for your delivery. Some vegetables grown are bigger and weigh more than others. (for example, melons vs. blueberries in summertime) Some vegetable varieties are of a higher dollar value for example, English peas vs.carrots or turnips, but their weight is less. What you can expect in a weekly box is six to eight different kinds of fresh vegetables in variable amounts, seasonal fruit or berries when they are in season and we have an ample supply will also be in your share, plus freshly harvested produce. Here are a few of the crops that we plan to have in your share during spring and summer: Tomatoes, sweet Corn, English peas, broccoli, cauliflower, green onions, carrots, lettuce, cantaloupe, kohlrabi, okra, bulb onions, cucumbers, zucchini, radishes, garlic, summer squash, Irish potatoes, redskin potatoes, beets, spicy and sweet peppers, bell peppers, kale, turnips.