Ginger Garlic Bok Choy from Terra Firma Farm
1 lb. of bok choy
1/2 lb. spinach
2 large garlic cloves
1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp canola oil
Dash of hot pepper flakes
- Trim 1 lb. of bok choy, separating the stalks and cleaning them carefully. Cut the leaves off the stems. Chop the leaves roughly and slice the stems into bite-sized pieces.
- Soak 1/2 lb. spinach in a basin of water and drain. Repeat.
- Finely mince 2 large cloves of garlic. Mince fresh ginger to make 1 T.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 T. soy sauce, 1 T. vegetarian oyster sauce, and 1 T. sesame oil.
- Heat 1 T. canola oil and 1 T. sesame oil in a wok and add the ginger, garlic, and a dash of hot pepper flakes. Stir fry on low heat until the garlic tender. Add the bok choy stems and raise heat.
- After three minutes of cooking, add the greens and spinach. Stir fry briefly and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the sauce to the wok and cook on low heat for 3-5 minutes, then return the vegetables to the pan and toss to coat.