Grilled Cantaloupe and Vegetable Salad from Yummy Mummy Kitchen
1/2 pound peeled and deveined shrimp, on skewers (optional)
1 ear Sweet Summer Corn, husk removed
2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips
1 medium cantaloupe, halved, seeded, skin removed and cut into 1-inch thick wedges
1 head romaine lettuce, chopped (I added in some baby spinach)
2 Persian cucumbers, or 1 English cucumber, sliced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, any color, halved
1 small bunch fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup Daphne Oz’s Red Wine-Shallot Vinaigrette (or a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, balsamic, sea salt, and pepper)
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Coat grates with oil. Season shrimp lightly with salt and pepper, if using. Place shrimp skewers on the grill and cook until pink on the outside and opaque in the middle, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from grill.
- Meanwhile, place the corn on the grill and cook until browned in places. I like the corn on the more raw side, if you like yours more soft, cook for 20-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Grill the zucchini until tender-crisp, about 3-4 minutes per side. Grill the cantaloupe until grill marks show up, about 2 minutes per side.
- Cut the corn kernels off the cob. Leave the other vegetables and cantaloupe in large pieces, or cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Place lettuce in a large serving bowl or platter. Arrange grilled shrimp, vegetables, cantaloupe, cucumbers, tomatoes, and croutons on top. I like to arrange the ingredients in rows.
- Tear or chiffonade basil and sprinkle over the salad.
- Dress salad with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper, or Daphne’s Red Wine Shallot Vinaigrette.