Newsletter Sept.28, 2021
September is here in all it’s glory. After a summer that was somewhat lacking in good weather, we’ve been lucky to have some really beautiful temperate days lately and to our good fortune, it’s forecast to continue for awhile. We said good-bye to melons, sweet corn and this week is the last week for Fruit shares.
As we turn towards the Autumn, we reflect on the summer. In the next few weeks we will send a Newsletter to your email inbox, with a look back on this CSA season. Any suggestions you have for ways of improving your CSA, feel free to be in touch with your suggestions. We are open to any that you may have.
In the meantime it’s time to begin decorating home and or yard for the autumn season. For some of you Football season decorating will be intwined into any other decorating you may do!
“What’s in our shares this week”? (Some, but not everything listed will be in every share) Tomatoes, Lettuce, Spaghetti squash, Delicata squash, Green Beans, Okra, Sweet potatoes, Peppers.
if you have credit owed to you, consider ordering a make up share now before the season ends. After this week we only have 4 weeks of deliveries left. So that only leaves 3 weeks to order a make up share and have it delivered with your last share of the season.
Here is a recipe you may want to try using the sweet potatoes in your share this week:
Honey Pecan Sweet Potatoes:
- 4 nice size sweet potatoes.
- 4 tablespoons coconut or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup roasted pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut sweet potatoes into small cubes.
- Heat coconut or avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sweet potatoes to skillet and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in honey, pecans, brown sugar and seasonings.
- Sautee for 10-12 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and slightly browned.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
Until next week, be safe everyone –
and Happy Fall Y’all!