Zucchini Chickpea Quinoa Salad from A Cedar Spoon
½ cup quinoa
½ of a 15oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 medium zucchini, chopped into small chunks
2 green onions, white and green parts chopped
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl mix chickpeas, zucchini, green onions and parsley together.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the olive oil, tumeric, cumin and paprika for the dressing.
- Add the quinoa to the zucchini and chickpea mixture and combine.
- Mix in dressing and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.