What is Doe Run Farm’s community supported Farm Box program?
Doe Run Farm’s community supported Farm Box program offers a means for families and individuals to contribute to the operation of small local farms in their area, by purchasing a weekly farm box for the season. The end result is a mutually beneficial relationship between those supporting the farms and their farmers. The farmer’s commit to growing, harvesting, packing and delivering a wide assortment of food for their supporter’s tables for the season, and in return the farmers receive operating capital through the purchase of farm boxes to help with the daily operation of their farms.
Why purchase a weekly farm box from Doe Run Farms?
We have structured our farm box program to meet the needs of the individuals, families and workplaces that support our farms through the purchase of a weekly farm box delivery. Listed below are options/benefits our farm offers you with your purchase:
- No need to worry about missing your farm box for travel or vacation! We offer you credit, or a make up box to be delivered at another time during the current season, when you travel for business or vacation (up to 3 weeks) Your investment is protected if you must be away.
- Customize your box from our freebie boxes at your pick up location. There are generally extra boxes with vegetables and produce (sometimes fruit too) at the pick up sites, so you can help yourself to more of your favorites if you are so inclined! We begin sending these boxes out once the harvest season is in full swing. Just an added bonus for you.
- You may change your pick up location during the delivery season if you like. We have many convenient pick up locations. We only ask that you give us 24 hour notice to arrange the change.
- Make use of the Payment plan to pay for your farm box.There is a 2.5% charge for the convenience of using the payment plan. This charge is spread over the 4 payments of the payment plan. The charge goes toward administering the plan over the 24 week season.
- Major credit cards are accepted for payment. You are not charged a fee for using your credit card.
- Attend a class: occasionally during the season, the farm will host a class on topics such as Home Canning, dehydrating fruits and vegetables for example. Our canning class this summer was a huge success! Farm box participants get first dibs on workshops/classes!
- Workplace delivery – If you’d like us to deliver to your workplace, get a group together, get an ok for us to make the deliveries, and we’ll will bring your box to your workplace! A nice perk for employees and our deliveries are of no cost to the company! Give Judy a call at the farm, (931-659-6204)
- Home Deliveries: Available to single family homes in most locations, (no condos or apartments). Email the farm to see if your address is included within our delivery area.
- Purchase Bulk items for canning, storing, and freezing.
Order items in the online Country store and have them delivered with weekly farm box.
Purchasing a weekly farm box from local farmers is not right for everyone. If you eat out most meals, travel for extended periods of time, or if by your own definition you are a “picky” eater that prefers to eat only one or two kinds of vegetables, then a weekly farm box delivery is not a good fit for you. But, if you’re interested in (1) improving your overall health and well being as well as that of your family (2) you enjoy home cooked meals and are open to trying something new now and then, (3) you want to eat “locally grown” food as much as possible because you believe it is not only healthier but tastes better too, chances are good that you would really enjoy our weekly farm boxes.
I’m in, how do I register?
Visit our country store to open an account and purchase your weekly farm box. Please, print and retain a copy of your registration form to have on hand for reference.