What is community supported agriculture?
Community Supported Agriculture CSA
When you purchase a Doe Run Farm’s weekly farm box, two things happen.(1) you will be supporting the operation of small farms close to your home, whose farmers earn their incomes from farming. (2) every week for 24 weeks you get a lovely box of colorful, assorted vegetables and delicious seasonal fruit, grown for you by the farms you are supporting.
Why purchase a weekly farm box from Doe Run Farms?
- No need to worry about missing your farm box for travel or vacation! We offer you a credit, or a make up box to be delivered at another time during the current season, when you travel for business or vacation for up to 3 weeks. Your investment is protected if you must be away.
- Customize your box from our freebie boxes at your pick up location. Once the harvest season is in full swing, we send extras to our delivery locations so you can help yourself to more of your favorites, if you are so inclined! We have done this every year and everyone loves getting these extras. These are items that are too few to go around to everyone.
- You may change your pick up location during the delivery season if you like. We have many convenient pick up locations. We only ask that you give us 24 hour notice to arrange the change.
- Make use of the Payment plan to pay for your farm box.There is a 2.5% charge for the convenience of using the payment plan. This charge is spread over the 4 payments of the payment plan. The charge goes toward administering the plan over the 24 week season.
- Major credit cards are accepted for payment. You are not charged a fee for using your credit card.
- Attend a class: occasionally during the season, the farm will host a class on topics such as Home Canning, dehydrating fruits and vegetables for example. Our canning class this summer was a huge success! Farm box participants get first dibs on workshops/classes!
- Workplace delivery – If you’d like us to deliver to your workplace, get a group together, get an ok for us to make the deliveries, and we’ll will bring your box to your workplace!
- Home Deliveries: Available to single family homes in most locations, (no condos or apartments). Email the farm to see if your address is included within our delivery area.
- Purchase Bulk items for canning, storing, and freezing.
Order items in the online Country store and have them delivered with weekly farm box.
Wondering if CSA is right for you? If you eat out most meals, travel a lot for Extended periods of time, or if by your own admission you are a “picky” eater that prefers to eat only one or two kinds of vegetables, then a weekly farm box is not a good fit for you. But, if you’re interested in (1) improving your overall health and well being as well as that of your family (2) you enjoy home cooked meals along with an occasional meal out, and you are open to trying something new now and then, (3) you want to eat “locally grown” food as much as possible because you believe it is not only healthier and fresh, but tastes better too, chances are good that a weekly farm box would make eating healthy fun!
I’m in, how do I register?
Visit our country store to open an account and purchase a weekly farm box. Please print and retain a copy of your registration form to have on hand for reference.